Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Reading a Wiseco piston

Reading a wiseco piston
I recently purchased a set of rings for my Rancher, i does have a wiseco piston in it. At first i had trouble trying to figure out which set of rings to buy, after talking to Helmut he asked me what my bore size was and of course i didnt have an answer. I waited til Monday to call wiseco, and he asked me what the number was on the top of the piston. Now here is a pic of my piston.

   

Now as you can see the Number reads 4933M07850, Now from listening to him i would say the 4933M is the piston series, not sure if it is Honda specific, or just series specific. The last 5 numbers are 07850 which tells you the bore size is 78.50 so when i went to purchase my rings i new what series and bore size i need before i even call them. Dont know if this works for all brand pistons but if you have a wiseco thats how you read the piston.

No comments:

Daily Pic

Daily Pic
The 300